Friday, November 25, 2005

um, so, yeah

Not exactly the most family beginning to a terrrribly family holiday, I'll admit that. Obviously, we were unable to make it to the t-day party we had been invited to. I didn't even crash until 2 pm, and this was one of those tragically early dinner deals, which honestly I don't even see why people do that.

One thing I need to establish rightfuckingnow: I am not becoming a cokehead. Since I'm not blogging too much these days, it just looks like it. But twice in a month to me is not a huge deal. Not that I'm protesting too much. If anything, I just wanted to eradicate the memories of my last coked-out sexperience. Also, it was a fun opportunity to pick that brain of our wildman Venezuelan neighbor. And it's one of those experiences Jigga and I will be able to hold over the head of Josh.

Things that were terrible: everything being closed, dodging phonecalls, not having any weed to smoke or really anything to do. So, Jigga and I americanized it up and had dindin at Denny's. Not the holiday freakshow I'd been hoping for, honestly, and then I got humiliated in chess. So, all in all, a shitty holiday, especially compared to last year's amazing spread for my euro-loves in France. I'm rather terrified that shit was A YEAR AGO.

In other news, I am resisting the temptation to apply to go back to France next year. Partly so I can just focus on grad school and getting in, partly because I don't feel like doing the application. But partly? Because running away right after college was okay, but I feel like if I did that again, I would just have another excuse to not get my shit together upon returning. And I need to accept my destiny as an American in America and stop giving myself continental airs.

Speaking of grad school, I heaved a sigh of relief that three out of four of my choices have mid-February deadlines. Unfortunately, my absolute number one choice, UT, demands everything at the beginning of January. Ahhhh! Which is kind of a 'fuckfuckfuck!' but also a 'good' since forcing me to get my shit together sooner than later is key.

I just need to stop having this crisis of purpose. I need to stop running around unwilling to do anything and just get a job get an appartment get my own fucking life and find a little writing nook to get something meaningful done. Until then, I need to just use coffee shops and libraries and dirty-ass corners of the appartment and just DO IT. Fuck, I seriously make myself crazy with my ability to excuse and justify inaction out the bloody wazzoo.

Anyway, weekend is now here, and I need to pick up Shout Out Louds tix for me and Jigga / write an opus and beg for approval from professors who may or may not remember me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sheesh! apply to go back to france!
you're not that old...get out of the states. grad school will be there when you get back. i really am starting to wonder if i really want to get all saddled down with car and house debt right now, cause that'll mean i can't pack up and move overseas somewhere every few years. le sigh.

anyway...really liked the bit o' writing you put up there. i'm pretty bad at writing critiques, but it did pull me in...and i'll leave it at that.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home