Monday, October 31, 2005

AUSTIN

Holy shit! I am living in Texas, people! I must admit that I cannot fucking believe it. This place is truly a wild and beautiful world - it seems like a combination of New Orleans and Portland, which sounds like something that would be impossible in this world as we know it. Yet it is!

Fave things currently: Whole Foods, breakfast tacos, Waterloo Records, the torrid, tropical weather of recent days.

OK, here's the biggie I almost forgot in the first draft: I saw fucking Iron and Wine with Calexico. They played seperately and then together to promote their silly-hot EP In the Reins. It was the first show I've seen in a long time where I was perfectly wasted. Drunk enough to feel giddy and fun but not sloppy and tired. They did incredible covers of 'All Tomorrow's Parties' and 'You Were Always on my Mind' and (MOST NOTABLY) 'Wild Horses,' which was the myhtical note on which they chose to end. FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Today is Halloween and I sort of am costumeless as I already rocked the escaped convict look on Saturday, at my welcome to Austin party, where I obviously got wasted.

There are approximately 400 million outrageously cute boys. Good reason to keep on eating the spinach and other such wildly dietic items.

The CD that carried me through the journey: Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah. Unbelievable genrebending brilliant pop music that goes all fucking over and works a wacky magic on the listener.

This post is dumb (obviously I'm legendarily high) but I just wanted to call out to the night and say I am here and fucking happy for the adventures that await me in this magic land.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YE FUCKING GODS. you did it. you're in texas.
a couple things: FUCK whole foods. they are so overpriced. plus? what the fuck? whole foods my ASS. have you seen the amount of processed sugar in that store.
b. please post photos of this amazing place called austin. i'm unconvinced that the South could really be that cool.
c. please acquire the song cinemania by stero total immediatemently. it is? so good.
d. blog more often or my head will explode.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home