Tuesday, September 14, 2004

back with the parents

Montana is gloomy as fuck again, ushering summer out the back door like a lover. I fucking love it. Sweaters and jeans - that's my ideal wardrobe. So I am giving the weather a big open-mouthed kiss of a hello.

My parents house remains boring as fuck. But mum did take me out for the best Chinese food in WeMo (western Montana, obvs) so that's worth something.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Glacier. Which is one of those natural wonders that I think is almost more beautiful under cover of gloom. The greens explode against the grey, and as the climb turns more and more northern, there is snow. It's fawking incredible.

I am leaving in less than a week, which is only made terrifying by the utter disarray of my world. I have gone to my car every morning as if it were a wardrobe, throwing clothes and nicknacks escaped from carelessly open boxes.

I'M GETTING AN APPLE!!!! Wheeee. It's such a coup for someone in my family to have a Mac. G4 iBook, not PowerBook - to me, the differences seemed unimportant, aside from sheer aesthetics. The way I see it, they should both be equally obsolete as soon as the G5 laptop has emerged, which will probably be in less than a year. I just need something pretty, sleek, DVD-worthy, wireless optional and that can burn CDs like a hot bitch.

Life as a whole seems bloody weird these days. I am numb from the conclusion of what George R. R. Martin has written of Songs of Ice and Fire thus far. All I really feel like doing at this moment is smoking weed and deciding which CDs to bring for the plane.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, we're gonna be computer twins! I just got the 12" iBook a week ago, plus the irresistible 20G iPod, of course. The iBook is rocking my socks off, and will only get more unbelievable when I toss in a fatty RAM upgrade. Fuck the Powerbook; I'll find better ways to spend the $500 difference.

Lucas

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home