Monday, October 11, 2004

escape from bretagne

The assistants and I escaped smalltown life to hightail it to Brest, one of a handful of cityish escapes in Bretagne. We partied Friday night / Saturday morning away with other assistants we met at our orientation (which for the record, was a bust that would have been better off just being a mixer).

Fun, fun, fun - chatted the night away about all things indierock and hahaha aren't the French silly. It was lovely to be around so many drunk anglophones.

Saturday was shopping and ignoring hangovers, and I walked away with the new Interpol (finally!), a DVD of Romancing the Stone and a Bowie triple pack (Diamond Dogs, Aladin Sane and Hunky Dory). Also made requisite trips to shopping hotspots H & M and Zara.

I didn't leave much of my internet café budget, so this shall remain mercifully brief.

Trying to figure out if I will be able to go to Berlin for Toussaint vacation (10/23 - 11/1) because I may not be fucking allowed to leave the country yet. Comment dit-on ARGH en françcais?

Jetting off to Paris this weekend to catch a slew of American litterati in Vincennes. Shall be returning there for the Interpol show on 11/19, godblessthem for having such a lengthy eurotour, but who could blame them?

Have been struck by random, unexplained fits of melancholy at the fucking weirdest times. I hope it passes. I think I just miss my people like crazy. You know who you are.

Just finished rereading One Hundred Years of Solitude. It is still the best fucking book ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home