Sunday, September 19, 2004

possibly my last post in the u.s.

Speculation: Recent whisperings about a topical gay marriage ep of the Simpsons, in which one of the characters comes out/wants to get married, have prompted a theory of my own. Smithers will propose to Flanders. They are linked through Tennessee Williams references - Ned as Stanley in the SND musical and Smithers being screamed at Brando-style by Mr. Burns (either that or it was the episode he was Burns' patsy (haha) for opium).

And we're moving on.

I'm leaving tomorrow night. IN-fucking-sane. I have not yet begun to pack. I have almost finished selecting my CDs for the plane, however. And I have loosely organized the clothes I may be bringing into an alarmingly heaped pile in the back of my car.

If my G4 iBook does not arrive tomorrow afternoon, well before I head off to the airport, heads are going to roll, fuckers. I pulled together my best 'I know you didn't just try and mess with me and force me to forsake and loudly decry your products until time ceases to be' email to Apple, but they seemed unconcerned with the tone/rigidity of my demands.

The bottom fucking line, however, is that I ordered the iBook last Tuesday. I paid extra for 2-3 business day shipping. That should have had it here on motherfucking Friday. But nooooooooooo!

Luckily, I have received my mouse.

When I informed these fucks that I would be leaving the country, they opted not to respond to my demand that they pay additional foreign shipping if I don't get my iBook tomorrow. Rather, they informed me that they did not ship overseas.

Which was incredibly helpful to, you know, know.

To eschew the stress of such a dilemma, I went back to Missoula on Friday. I managed to get some herb, take Kurt's heterosexuality hostage*, polish off more than a bottle of whiskey with two other people (mostly, howevs, it was Travis and I doing the man's work), party downtown, catch my fave barbrunch with a self-esteem-massage of a large group and completely miss my chance to see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Which I'm dying to see.

Last night, my brother and I went to visit his friend Chris, whose current life actually reminds me eerily of Nate Fisher in the third season of Six Feet Under. Sidenote: Can we talk about how fucking amazing the work of celebrity blogger/hottie Andy Towle has been in terms of enriching the enjoyment of this season's episode of Six Feet Under? Seriously, check him out.

But moving on. My brother's friend is in this sudden, unplanned, pregnancy-related marriage. They love each other, but I don't know how well they work together. They have this adorable baby girl that prompted me to tell my brother how much I love looking at babies. Not seeing them, but watching their eyes watch you. What do they think/see when they see us? Vain question, I know, but they just seem to see through everything.

Anyway. I've probably got eight million things to do. And so that is what I'm going to tackle now, starting with finishing the CD selection. Essential. Also, for the morbidly curious, the books I'm bringing for the plane are: Wise Children by Angela Carter, Carter Beats the Devil by Glen David Gold, loads of French grammar/cursing/vocab books, and Tropic of Cancer. The CD list would be a little more to go into.

BUT! I had an nice moment yesterday when the proprieter of Ear Candy gave my a free Oblio Joes CD and told me to make them popular in France. I accept my quest with the utmost humbleness.


*This didn't really happen, but I recently coined the phrase and have been itching to mint it blogside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home