Friday, November 26, 2004

thanksgiving...success!!!

Ugh, I was fucking ungodly stressed, but it all came together. Woke up yesterday to make stuffing, then went to class, then fawking hauled ass to meet my little dictionaries (I call my German friends mon petit dictionnaire and mon grand dictionnaire because they are so SMART!) to haul ass out to our chosen spot for dinner that evening.

The local primary assistant is this really cool British girl and she and her husband were playing host to the holiday. They live in this gorgeous house in the middle of French farmland nowhere (gunshots were ringing out throughout the afternoon, hunting, mehĂ´pes).

Everything was actually great and I think everyone had a good time. I feel like a good cultural ambassador and this was really something I liked ambassadeering (shut up, I make up words if I want to) much unlike the folies of American politics, etc.

We even said the things that we were thankful for. It was so seventh heaven I could have thrown up on myself but only because it was so sweet. Anyway, mon petit dictionnaire is inexplicably obsessed with said seventh heaven so it's okay I guess.

This entry is fucked, but I'm too hung over. Here are some photos for you in lieu of actual commentary:


Stages of Turkey





Birth





Stage one of death





Eradication of flesh from one's bones.


I am thankful this year to live in a place where it is THIS fucking beautiful:





Yeah, it kind of makes up for the constant drizzle and chill.


This is how I spent my afternoon...



Too. Much. Booze.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home