Monday, June 27, 2005

surviving t-fest

Yo! I fucking made it out alive, the good lord knows how. Friday's edition of Total Fest was slightly obscured by the 'heavy metal parking lot' scene, sparked off by my friends and I. Basically, I only saw three or four bands and was too wasted to make any kidn of sense of what was going on. Saw: Volumen, Oblio Joes, Japanther, some other bands whose names escape me. Totally out of fucking hand.

Saturday was more focused, slightly more sober, but missing that mysterious sensation of spinning out of control. My photos, however, ended up being way fucking better and we hit the afterparty so things were a little more high-end-ish. I finally got to see former Missoulians No-Fi Soul Rebellion, after seeing them never. My friend Lucas used to be the stunt member of the band, so I felt an urge to dislike them from the get-go, but Mark was too fucking hot and could not be hated upon, in spite of our yelling out Lucas' name inbetween pretty much every song. I also saw The Lights (again) and was randomly disappointed (again). Play something from your fucking hot album forchrissakes!!!

I smoked weed with some random insane man who used to distribute the latter-day classic known only as Wild Animus. I met some kids from Idaho who become my Total Fest bros (Totalfestiny!), which was sweet. Brad, if you're reading this, I totally fucking lost your email the second after you gave it to me.

I'm skipping today's edition of culture snack, but people not watching the new fucking season of Six Feet Under should get ON it, because that shit is heartstoppingly brilliant. I've got a date with some cheap sushi, so I must adios.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Habein said...

Lalalala Volumen.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home