Sunday, November 27, 2005

teetering on the edge of another unemployed week!

Yes, but I still found it necessary to party my ass of all weekend. And now, in the afterglow of an incredibly fun weekend, I ran to central market to get a bottle of cheap Argentinian red and some pate and a baguette. Incredible feelings of pseudo-continental, pseudo-poverty-ridden style. Here's the weekend breakdown:

-Friday - 9ish pm - Many car-beers later, Jared and I emerged to go see The Shout Out Louds and The Rosebuds at the Parish, both of which were great. But most memorably, before even getting there, some morbidly obese homeless man re-christened us as 'The Twin Towers,' which I think is so fucking funny it's going to be our zany duo nickname forevermore (it's funny cuz we're both so tall, you see). I tried to make magic happen with people from the Rosebuds, all the while thinking 'just invite us to your afterparty, c'mon!' only to learn that they had to go to Houston the next day and everyone just wanted to sleep. Couldn't you have told me that before I adorned my arms with temporary tattoos with your bands' name on them?!

-Saturday - 7:00 p.m. - Went to Alamo Drafthouse (AKA HEAVEN!) with Jared for Diabolic, some crazy ass psychadelic Italian '60s comic book adaptation. Diabolic is a leather-catsuit-wearing-studmuffin-international-thief-mod-robinhood. It was funny and weird and beautiful and silly and gadget infested and just a great time. And we got in free thanks to some girl I actually used to think sucked, but now obviously she is my new best friend. Because of all the crazy funny kitschy shit going on there, I kind of almost want to live there. Examples: live wardrobe with coats and trees and fake snow and a lamp post for the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe premiere, doc about the Velvet Underground, Moulin Rouge singalong, weekly bad b-movies, trippy art films with live music, and SO MUCH MORE. I cannot emphasize how rad this place is and if it didn't I would have maybe paused before realizing I wanted to move here, instead of knowing without reservation that this is exactly where in the world I want to live right now.

-Saturday - MUCH LATER - Went out to scaldingly hotspot 'The Peacock' on the notorious east side - fantastic mix of drunks, druggies, hipsters, gays, partygirls, DJs, rock stars and hangers-on. It was awesome. Then scampered off to Club De Faulte for some wheelings and dealings and then...well, you get the idea.

Today is all about feeling the combined remorse of two pretty excessive days. Where my pate at?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home