Friday, September 22, 2006

lukewarm off the presses

SHIT! I forgot to throw these hot-potatoes out into the ether. There were two rather amusing morsels from my otherwise alternately hellish and boring day at the ACL box office.

1.) Celebrities at the box office? We all knew it was an inevitability, what with Austin becoming the new LA and everything (actually I think it's mor on par with American companies outsourcing to nations they can pay practically nothing, but I'm an asshole like that). But I at least assumed they would be going more toward the guest list. But no, dear readers! One monumental celebrity came up to the box office just like a regular American...and it was Chuck MO'FUCKIN Woolery! That's right. We all had a brush with greatness in that moment. My impression of him: was one of instant recognition, followed by instant revulsion at my recognition, followed by trying to figure out his actual place in the pop culture puzzle. He has the craziest bags I've ever seen under a pair of eyes in my life. Coupled with what may be among the top 20 wackest 'blond on top, dark on the sides' 'dos I have ever had the misfortune to gaze upon.

With that little piece of bitchery out of the way, we can move on to....

2.) Fashion: So, lots of people wanted to either debut their freaky/hot/chic new look at the festival. That, or dust off their most obscurely hip band shirt and take it out to play. But I did see one look that rather surprisingly blew the lid off of my reality - pastel Polo shirt with the collar popped (obviously) and the sleeves cut off (EGADS!). This is so much cooler than I would have thought and I can't really believe I'm re-stating it hear, but it's too late to turn back now.

Other news? Hopefully rounding the corner of my random possibly allergenic sickness (round two) as well as that of my random depression sad party (round 4008) - both of which may have been aggravated by working eleven fucking days in a row. Wow, that's horrendous. And mercifully over in 48 minutes. Hello weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home