Monday, November 29, 2004

blogging anyway

Okay, so I know how played it is to be all like, 'ummm, I read this TOTALLY great article in the New Yorker (in thise case, online),' but I just did. Two or three actually, but what you must turn your eyes upon STAT, especially if you are one of my crazy Montana people is the following essay by George Saunders, which is fawking hilarious.

So, yeah, y'all read that toute de suite.

In the life of moi-meme, nothing terribly interesting is happening. This Friday will mark the count-down to two weeks before Xmas vacation begins. Trust me when I say the obsessive day-counting has already begun.

Still trying to decided whether I am actually getting a cell phone or not. It seems astonishly NOT worth it, but I would so like to be in touch with people, but I did come here to languish in seclusion, etc. so....

Still also reeling from the party, party, party that was Brest Saturday night, stretching out all the way til five in the morning. Naturally, I lost track of time and was not able to catch House of Flying Daggers, which was allegedly one of the primary reasons I went to Brest. Nudge, nudge.

I made it back in time to have First Day of Advent cookies chez mon petit dictionnaire (AKA the German assistant, who I love). Delish, delish. Passed out before 11 pm and had a super-long sleep.

Not such a thrilling entry, admittedly, but at least read the Saunders article.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zach said...

are you still surviving in bretagne?
looks beautiful
two more weeks until vacances. feels like i have been working an eternity tho...

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home