Wednesday, March 23, 2005

un p'tit morceau

Okay, so, it was hard for me to recall this through the hash haze, but I found it hilarious. Here is a little bit-by-bit rehashery (har!) of my conversation with my roomie Matt, in the style of this beloved blog.

Matt: God, that baby we were playing with at the pub was so cute!

Me: Um, pardon?

Matt: This woman came in with her baby and we played with it for a while. I was so wasted I was crawling around on the floor with it.

Me: Of. A. Bar. Good? What was her story, anyway? This responsible mother.

Matt: She was leaving her husband, some French guy in the navy.

Me: Because he was having an affair with me, right?

Matt: Close. He got together with another guy on his ship. She was very matter of fact about it.

Me: Well, that explains what she was doing in the pub.

Matt: She said (cue perfect Irish accent) 'You should have told me you were fucking bisexual before you married me, you cunt!'

I laughed. Forever. I know other people's pain, tragedy, etc...so not funny. Except, it is. Also, it always makes me laugh the way cunt gets tossed around in the UK (and the Republic of Ireland, god bless it's EU-loving soul!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i KNOW one is supposed to, when doing a redesign, put it all together and then unveil the thing all at once, but c'mon.
a. you're talking to someone that is too impatient to go back and edit mistakes in his writing.
b. i don't have allthe fancy tools others have. i'm using ms paint for all it's worth now!

plus, i'm learning varying things along the way. it's like college only there is no professors, classrooms, other students, or really anything that even remotely may remind someone of a university.

c. i may pick up that book after i am done forcing myself to finish mrs. dalloway and ethan frome.

d.although i feel it is necessary to always maintain a healthy relationship wth one's right or left hands, don't give up hope on a life that may include one or more people as well.

e. i have as late been very interested in lists. go figure.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home