Friday, October 06, 2006

recent developments

Oops. Ten days betwixt this and my last entry. I thought I had finally come around the bend on this irregular blogging thing, but it looks like old habits die hard. That or I haven't really done anything comparably sweet since meeting Alison Bechdel and going to her reading. Is that sad? I dunno, that was a badass affair, it was, it was.

Once more, days are running into weeks and I find it shocking that we are already so far into October - I'm an absolute fawking blank on what to do for my Halloween costume. Ideally, I would like to rock two or three different costumes, since there is a veritable alcoholic cornucopia of goings-on on the pre-Halloween weekend front. I just signed on to work the box office on 'actual' Halloween night for the Trey Anastasio show at Stubb's. And BOY am I excited. There is surely still time to develop a 'I hate hippies' themed costume. At least there will be arseloads of good times to be had leading up to that.

One exciting recent development, however - I was asked to manage a band, 2/3 comprised of my old neighbs on Lynnwood. Which was really freaking flattering and I'm already feeling like I'm not doing a spectacular enough job but I have a fracking full time job already! What am I doing, piling on responsibility?! But coming at me from a flattery-centered angle is usually a guarantee I will do whatever you want. Plus, the promise of free drinks and building up my 'music industry career portfolio' might have helped things along as well.

My one year anniversaire in Austin approacheth. I really can't believe it. This year has been uncomfortably blurry, but I guess that's how I know I've been having fun? Or rather, that's how I know I've been abusing brain and body to the point of non-functionality. The old standby.

Speaking of abusing my body, I noticed that eatting absolute shit finally caught up with me - I was mysteriously maintaining my weight loss level in spite of bad habits for an unnaturally long amount of time, but I did put on a good 5-10 over the last few weeks in the midst of my lull-y, pointless depression. Must now be aware of this and eat like a normal human being and also...maybe...shuddergasp...excercise? I want to go into my 25th year looking and feeling better than ever. No time like the present to start?

Josh and Jared are participating in a diet that involves eating only yams and chicken breasts (unseasoned). Yum! I'm going to watch and wait to see if I want to involve myself in something so serious.

Finally, I can't not mention The Science of Sleep, which I saw last weekend. It could be one of the best performances by Gael Garcia Bernal's beautiful mouth I've ever seen! Seriously though, it was really great. And also seriously, he is FUCKING HOT even if he is short. I like watching movies where it seems slightly impossible to figure out what is going on - whether what is happening is real or a dream or some combination of the two. Petite Charlotte Gainsbourg was wonderful as well. Basically, cute farners speaking Ingles is awesome. The multi-linguality of the film definitely had me extra-sold on it, being eurotrashy as the day is long. If you want to be engages, amused, dazzled and more than vaguely aroused, I definitely recommend this one.

Hopefully next time I will do some mini-reviews on CDs I have recently got, since I've been music-shopping like a madman. And with Gawd as my witness, I will blog some kind of comprehensive 'What I love about living here'/'what I miss' list before the date of my move-versary.

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronica Meewes said...

yams are yummy and so is gael garcia. 'nough said.
i, too, am conspiring plentiful halloween costumage.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. Post some shit.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home