Tuesday, January 25, 2005

i love...

1.) French men’s asses...truly a sight to behold. With alarming regularity (“How can every one of these people have that kind of ass?” I think it’s all the stairs.).
2.) The guitar solo in Destroyer’s “The Bad Arts.” It makes me think the world is ending, it’s so hot.
3.) Curling up with an enormous, expansive novel or series of novels (then consequently developing a stoop from schlepping them everywhere, but whatevs)
4.) My G4 iBook. Four months into the delicious honeymoon period. I’m about to start using it to film movies, so it could easily be a two-year sort of honeymoon.
5.) Pulling music from other people’s hot music collections.
6.) SIX FEET UNDER. I’ve watched the first two seasons at least five times each in the last year or so. So good I need fucking pop culture methadone now.
7.) Smokin drugs
8.) Blue eyes
9.) Arcade Fire!!!
10.) My perfect, lovely set of people I have taken up with this year and made into my artifical famille, in Morlaix and Brest.
11.) Angela Carter - I have read Nights at the Circus and Wise Children by her since arriving in France and am overwhelmed by her imagination, grace and humo(‘u’ since she’s British)r.
12.) Miyazaki, especially for Howl’s Moving Castle, his new film.
13.) Boozin’
14.) Taking pictures semi-compulsively and having lots of them turn out incredibly. Then playing with them later and making them look spooooky.
15.) Scarves, especially my hot red/blue striped one.
16.) International travel, staring at people’s new and exciting ‘breath of fresh air’-ish international hottness, then internationally bringing back prezzies for myself.
17.) Dark sunglasses
18.) Black pants with white shoes and/or belt
19.) Random postcards
20.) My friends in the United States, whom I love more than the dear lord himself, and who could never be replaced by no damn fake french family!
21.) Cleft chins
22.) Trashy entertainment magazines
23.) David Bowie
24.) Smoking cigs and drinking unearthly strong coffee (also known as my primary past-time in France).
25.) One Hundred Years of Solitude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home