Friday, January 07, 2005

2005

So, I am back in Morlaix. Surprisingly, it feels really good to be back. Normally, at the tail end of vacances, I feel consumed by dread when I think of returning. But now, the school year is half over, and each day completed is another day that I can leave behind me and look to the future. The last part of vacation was, for me, a chance to think ahead of what I want to do with this year.

Here is a brief resumé of my plans:

-Go to Italy for ten days in February (Rome, Venice; five days each)

-Continue reading lots and write substantially more

-Go to Berlin once school is over (4/15) and chill there for a few weeks

-Save all of my final paycheck for nest egg to be used for evading Montana

-Tie up any Franco-related business and leave this fucking continent May 5-ish.

-Go to graduation of various friends and my bro in Missoula, Montana one week later

-Take a roadtrip to Austin/Nawlins right after graduation; check out Austin for living / visit my pals there and then party in New Orleans (also insert three days for suffering of heat stroke that forces me to reconsider moving south, then promptly put said silly notions aside).

-Spend my last summer in Missoula, Montana experimenting with drugs, playing with my friends and getting some kind of McJob (UPS, hopefully, so I can get mad ducats AND tone my body by moving heavy things).

-Contribute to my nest egg through McJob-ery and move in September (Austin is at the top of the 'to move to' list, followed by Philly and Portland).

-Due zany things for a few months and avoid working until it is absolutely necessary (want to start making more art, get an old camera and take way more pictures, make movies, write, paint my room red, etc).

So, that gives you a very intimate glance at how I will be spending the next year. This will be especially helpful to you should you wish to begin stalking me. Right now, I'm going to smoke some weed, eat a bowl of choco cereal, gather up my laundry and shove off to Boob-town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home