Friday, December 17, 2004

yessss

Come here three week vacation. Yes, kiss me, you sweet bastard.

By no means is it technically possible that I made it to London today. I managed to get my ticket changed from Monday into the early afternoon eurostar today. Even though it is the first day of vacation and this should have been impossible. Then, due to my own stupidity, I almost missed the train by dallying way too long trying to find an Orange to get e phonecard.

Oh yeah, I finally got a cell. It's delicious - I feel like anything is possible again.

Anyway, made it on to the train, barely, because I forgot there were customs, etc. - travelling within the EU no longer really requires this, at least not with trains.

But how sweet it is to be in a pays anglophone again. London is even more fantastic than I remembered.

And I'm staying with my friend Lisa, who is probably the greatest photographer I will ever meet. I mean, she actually found an interesting way to photograph the tour eiffel! I'm thriving so much just getting to hang out with her right now, it's been swell. Tomorrow, we're going to some markets and we're going to do mushrooms. Far more excited than I can say. Also, apparently it's cheap and quick to take a bus to Brighton, so I might do that before my birthday.

Good things are definitely happening and everything is so much better than I thought it was going to be.

Also, I feel that mild tingling in my balls that tells me holiday love is near. Yay! And hopefully the goodwill will continue and Lisa's roomies will let me stay while she is gone (I think it's being spun as a 'me being the holiday housesitter to make sure everything is safe and happy' thing).

I am however starting to feel a little ill. Vacation curse, but I will survive and thrive. More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home