Friday, January 14, 2005

braindumping

Whee! This is exactly the stoned-as-fuck stream of consciousness entry you've been waiting for! I don't even know where to be begin.

Ahyes! Le Chateau Ambulant/Howl's Moving Castle! I got to see this incredible film by Miyazaki, a follow-up to the sensational, I-am-obsessed-with-it classic, Spirited Away. The new film is really gorgeous an elaborate, it was cool to see him move into a direction that was more coherently fantastic. There is more definite world, no less fantastic than the one of Spirited Away, just more distinct. I was originally hoping to see this film in the original Japanese w/French subtitled (which is how Ghost in the Shell II was released) but I saw it with French dialog, and that was much better.

Basically, I got super high before the film, and then continued to not understand the things I would not have understood anyway. I went with my friend Carsten, who probably understood substantially less than me, but enjoyed it just as much as me. It's fun to try and make sense of something so crazy later, especially when watching it is so spectacular from a strictly visual point of view. Also, and this is not a fucking joke, I got a bar of high-quality Lindt chocolate that was filled with...hold on to your shit, creme g.d. brulée! It was truly a tour de force.

Moving on...the unrequited love of my life is moving back to Missoula, so I will have to see his crazy ass again, which brings angst to my heart, since I was looking so forward to having really chill, beautiful, lazy summer. Hopefully he will leave or I will accidently not see him (I will make an ass of myself, there is no avoiding it). Or I will see him, he will see me looking spectacular and post-European and we will fuck and then I can get over it.

That sounds feasible, non? Indulge me, ferchrissakes.

Also, I have been thinking and thinking about the next vacation. I think I am going to scrap Italy, because this next one needs to be CHEAP. I just saw seven days in Morocco with flight and hotel included for 244 euros, which is fucking amazing. It also said the hotel was three stars. Or, the hotel has the number three in the title, and it is a one-star hotel. Which would also be okay, for that fucking price. Actually, I think it might have to be something I do. Other possibilities are Portugal and/or any of the Greek Islands. But those might get ditched in favor of a crazy adventure in fawking Marrakech.

Other things? I completed the first season of Six Feet Under. I continue to smoke herb at an irresponsible pace, and will soon be drug-free (SO not the way to be). My friend Matt just told me that some tourists are threatened at knifepoint if they REFUSE to buy marijuana. I laughed hysterically. Hello dream vacation.
I am currently obsessed with the Arcade Fire's album, Funeral. It's incredibly HOT and you can hear a slight 'inspired-by-Twin-Peaks' riff in the first song. Amazing. I listened to it on headphones today, even though my left ear is stil weirdly fucked up. Also, I found out that I can get 55 photos developed at my new fave place for semi-minimal euros.

I am going to Brest tomorrow for a dress-posh party and have picked out a sweet-as-fuck outfit. Am I going to wear crazy all black clothes with white sneakers? Oh yeah. I went there. I'm hoping the dude I want to seduce will be there, but he too lives in another town.

Oh my GOD. This entry is fucking really dumb. But I'm going to just let it happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home