Tuesday, April 04, 2006

enfin

So, I survived to see the glistening dawn of payday. It felt like it would never fucking come. But at least now I will be getting paid twice a month at both jobs, which will hoepfully lead to being less singularly swept away by one financial event that leaves me utterly penniless for the remaining, oh, let's say, half month.

Things are going fairly well. My iTunes randomly deleted about 300 of my most recently burned songs for absolutely no reason, leading me to believe that my computer is suffering from the final, insanity-driven death throes of cyber-syphilis (yes, I had to look up the spelling, but my first inkling was naturally correct). This is kind of a bitch, but my computer is coming up on it's second year of life and fairly heavy and reliant use. So it might be time to start saving up for a new one? Gawd, what a horrendous thought. Saving, saving, saving. I feel like I'm working a lot but don't really have a huge wad of cash to show for it, which I guess is the bold new world that pretty much everyone is living in and how this entire pesky capitalist system we live in survives and thrives.

The jobs to which I am chained are both going fairly well. I finally feel like I'm starting to land on my feet and know what's up in baristo-land ('baristo' being my eurotrashy faux-Italian word for a male barista (barista being presupposed as a feminine noun)), due in no small part to the pep-talk delivered by one of my bosses who shall heretofore be known as 'Hot Boss.' He is the lovah of the boss who shall perhaps not insignificantly be known as 'Funny Boss' (the traps of being cute not hot!). Anyway, HB basically just told me to chill on myself and that they both understood that I wasn't going to be good at everything right away.

It's getting warmer, some days inching towards deliciously hot and heavy. On Sunday, I walked ten miles, all the way to Mount Bonnell and back, in the company of the irreplacable and omnipresent Josh and Jared. It was perhaps unnecessarily intense, but GREAT and also sweaty as fuck. I imagine it will only be a few short weeks before I cut my hair down to its honest brown roots so I can stay cooler. And then only a few short weeks after that before I start to dream up ways to escape the heat. But for now everything is glowing springily and feeling rather idealish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah! it just began to snow here.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home