Thursday, October 26, 2006

letting consistency consistently slip away

Hard to believe I relapsed into extended non-blogging all over again. And by 'hard to believe,' I of course mean 'obviously.' Things have not surprisingly been whirlwindish. My friend Lydia came to visit for the drag king conference here in Austin, which I happened to catch some of. It kind of blew the lid off the pagaentry of masculine gender identity - seeing something like that reproduced in a kitschy way really seems to bring a lot of the truth to the surface.

Obviously, that doesn't really make sense. But it's still before noon and I am not yet required to be coherent.

I'm moving out of my weird little house. Hard to believe I will have been there for nine months. It was by turns awesome, disgusting, alarming and charming. I will miss it, but I guess it's time to move it along. I finally found a place as of yesterday - I'll be living with a cool lesbian partygirl, her girlfriend and four cats and two dogs. Which is kind of a lot. But the price is right, the location is good and she's going to let me paint my room RED, which rules. It's been a dream of mine sooo long I can't believe it's finally going to happen! Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

And today is my one year anniversary in Austin. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Many magical things are happening in response: the reappearance of Kurt Wikel in Austin, Broken Social Scene and the promise that I do not have to go to work until noon tomorrow. Hello, my old certainty that I will vommit tonight!

Later today, my long-awaited 'I Love Austin' list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home