Friday, April 06, 2007

back for more!

Last night, some funny shit went down.

I settled into my temporary pad in South Austin, where I have most generously been allowed to stay while my friend goes north for a wedding this weekend.

I get a call from a friend of mine, who is hanging out and drinking with a guy I used to work with - let's just say, I don't like Workboy. He's pissed me off a few different times, and I think he's kind of an idiot and sketchy to say the least. My friend Stacey says, 'You should come over...here, Workboy wants to talk to you...'

Great, I think. WB hops on the horn and demands that I come up North and hang with them, since he's moving soon and we've never gotten to hang out. I made various protests, but finally gave in because...am I a doormat? Fuck!

I proceeded to call my friend back, leave her a monologue of a message telling her that I don't appreciate her telling him I don't like him, since obviously that's what she did and obviously his attempt to get me to come down there is to force me to re-like him.

I call back her girlfriend and WB answers the phone. "I'm not coming," I say. "All I do is drive north, come back south, drive north, come back south, ad infinitum! I feel like chilling out and I actually can, so I'm fucking going to. Sorry."

The evening went on...my friend told me about the little dog hanging with us and how it shat out its own rectum. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.

I got a text message from my friend this morning: 'WB thinks you're hot and wanted to get with you. That's why we were trying to force you to come over.'

The weird thing is, usually when I dislike someone, I secretly or not-so-secretly want to do them. But this guy is just sketch and not really cute. So....NON.

1 Comments:

Blogger Veronica Meewes said...

ave ESB...extra-sensory blogception. some strange hunch told me to check out your page. i knew you'd be back!! you just might have inspired me...

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home